facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday 9 February 2016

What's In My Makeup Bag?


The type of makeup I use on a daily basis depends on a lot of factors such as whether I'm in a hurry or whether I'm spending most of my day indoors or outside. Just in general I tend to switch up the makeup products  quite often because I get quite bored using the same products for too long. Today I wanted to share with you the products that are currently in my little makeup bag (of which some have been there for some time as I really love them!).

I am using NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in the shade Finland almost everyday now for a good few months. Being summer time in Australia this is the first thing that I reach for in the morning. I just don't like the feeling of wearing too much foundation in the heat so I use this as my foundation for a light coverage, which is very buildable. I apply just a small amount using my beauty blender and it gives me a natural, dewy finish. It also features SPF30 sunscreen and is non-comedogenic, which I love. In terms of endurance, it stays put for me all day. I do tend to get a bit shiny on my t-zone throughout the day, but after a quick touch up of powder I'm all good.

Another foundation I love and have been using on and off for about two years now is Nude By Nature's Natural Mineral Cover Powder Foundation. It's so light and gentle on my skin and very buildable. Also, it's so quick and easy to apply so if I'm in a horrible rush this is what I tend to reach for. It's also perfect in the summer time when I prefer to wear as little makeup as possible. I apply this using Nude By Nature's Kabuki brush, which gives it an even and natural finish. Most times I tend to use Nars Tinted Moisturiser first then apply this on top to give a stronger hold for the moisturiser. 

These two foundations are definitely my current favourites! To set them into place I dust some of Nude by Nature's Mineral Finishing Veil, which is a translucent powder that controls shine. 

To give myself a light bronze colouring/ contour I use Calvin Klein's Summer Affair Bronzing Powder, which is highly pigmented. I have been using it for a while because I like the colour and the nice sheen it has to it as well. To switch it up a bit I will use my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light, which also has a gorgeous sheen to it. It's much less pigmented than the Calvin Klein bronzing powder yet it lasts just as long during the day.


For some colour in my cheeks I am using Nude by Nature's Virgin Blush, which has a rosy colour. I've been using this blush for ages, now. I really like Nude by Nature products because not only are they are gentle on my skin and look natural on but they last a very long time! This particular blush is very pigmented so I powder only a little but on my cheeks. It's easy to blend and gives a pretty, natural flush. 

For concealer I use Rimmel Wake me Up in Ivory to cover any dark circles under my eyes and Rimmels Match Perfection 2-in-1 concealer and highlighter also in Ivory, which I apply below that near the top of my cheeks because it is a little lighter than my actual skin tone. Both are liquid concealers, which I find the best to blend into my skin. So far the 2-in-1 concealer is my most used concealer product.

For lips I'm always wearing nude colours and the one I'm wearing most at the moment is Mac's Hug Me, which is a sheer brown/nude colour. I think it matches perfectly with my Models Prefer Infinite Colour Lip Liner in Infinite Spice. It helps hold my lipstick longer and glides on effortlessly.

The eyeshadow palette I absolutely love and use almost every day is Too Faced Chocolate Bar. As I said in another post, I really love wearing eyeshadow, especially browns and charcoal colours. This palette gives a variety of those colours, which I can mix and match to produce various looks. The shades I use the most are Milk Chocolate, Semi-sweet (which I use to colour in my eyebrows) and Hazlenut. 

If there's one thing I swap around a lot it's my mascaras. One of my favourites is Maxfactor's Masterpiece Mascara, which I've been using on and off for a while. It's bristles and formula allow me to achieve a look whereby my eyelashes are separated and long without any clumping. To achieve a more voluminsed look, on top of that I will apply Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara, which I find has become rather drying after using it a few times, but despite this I love the length that it gives to my lashes.

What are some of the products that you keep in your makeup bag?


Kristina xx

2 comments:

  1. great pieces in your collection. ive been dying to get that mac lipstick. ive heard so many great things about it. I also want that palette.

    xoox,
    geri

    http://everydaylivingnyc.blogspot.com/p/gheline.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for commenting :D Thanks, yes the lipstick is a gorgeous, natural colour and the palette is amazing. Let me know when you get your hands on either of them :) xxx Kristina

      Delete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme