facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Saturday 9 January 2016

Hourglass Cosmetics


Hi :D About a week ago I went to Mecca (an Australian based cosmetic store) and bought a few goodies! Whenever I get one of this shiny gold bags I get so excited! Usually I’d just whip it open and trial the colours etc., but now that I’m blogging I found it different to take photos of the products I’ve bought first before I smudge the gorgeous look of them! 



This time at Mecca I chose the Hourglass Ambient Luminous Bronze Light Lighting Bronzer and the Hourglass Exposure Modernist eyeshadow palette, both of which I have been eyeing for a while.


I chose the Ambient Lighting Bronzer in the lighter shade of Luminous Bronze Light because I have a rather pale complexion. I have worn it for about a week now and I love the soft golden glow it gives to my complexion. I love my makeup to look and feel natural and I feel that I can achieve that with this bronzer. Overall, it gives me a light, sunkissed look that I like.  I wear it on my cheeks and along the lining of my jaw and forehead. 



As for the Hourglass Modernist eyeshadow palette, I had a bit of a difficult time choosing between all the lovely palettes (so Libran of me!). In the end I went for the Exposure (Plums) palette as having brown coloured eyes I feel they will complement them really well. The colours of this palette are champagne, aubergine, bronze, black violet and lilac.

 

 After I took some photos I went and had a bit of a play with the colours and noted a few points down. The champagne shade is more like a pearly white that has a soft, powdery texture that I find easy to blend on the eyelid. I applied this colour within the inner corners of my eyelid as it has a pearly sheen that helps make my eyes appear brighter. The aubergine shade has a matte look with a very light sheen to it that on the skin appears as a dark, plum colour. It has a powdery texture that I found blended better when I used a damp brush. The bronze shade appears as a metallic gold sheen when applied to the skin. It has a soft, powdery texture that I found easy to blend on the eyelid. This is my favourite shade as it has a lovely, pigmented look that mixes well with all the other shades. The black violet shade is a matte shade that appears a very dark purple-brown on the skin and its very pigmented so if I’m wearing it during the day I tend to use just a little. I found this shade quite easy to blend.The lilac colour appears as a soft, dusty pink that, like the champagne shade, gives a pearly, shimmery look and whose texture is soft and easy to blend.


 

Overall, the my eyeshadow  remained intact all day, appearing just as I had applied them in the morning when it came to night time. In the images above I went for a smoky eye look. In the outer corner’s I’m wearing the black violet shade, which in the middle I’ve blended with the bronze shade. In the inner corners I’m wearing the champagne shade. Along the upper and lower lash line I wet my brush and applied the black violet colour. In all, I finished off the look with Too Faced Better than Sex mascara.


 In the image above I went for more of a soft, daytime look. In the outer corner I’m wearing the lilac shade, which I blended with the bronze shade in the middle. Like the first look, in the inner corner I applied the champagne shade. For this look I also used a liquid liner and Better than Sex mascara. I love how this mascara really maximises the length of my lashes, which alone are already quite long, without any clumping. 


The thing I love most about the Hourglass palette is that you get a mix of sheen and matte shadows that are a part of a similar colour spectrum, which enables me to create a number of looks for both day and night. I own two other Hourglass products, which are the Veil Mineral oil-free Primer and the Femme Nude Lip Stylo in number 6, mauve nude (the deepest nude shade of the collection). I absolutely love the veil mineral primer as it enables me to wear my makeup without worrying about my oily skin, even on warm, sweaty days. I love how it also features  SPF15, which is important to me as I have sensitive skin. After wearing this product everyday for a few weeks my skin unfortunately was made really dry and flaky but regardless I love it as a primer! If you have oily skin and you're looking for a primer that works, try this one.  As I mentioned in my NYE look post, I love this Hourglass lipstick because its soft and non-drying on the lips. It also is one of the very few nude lip colours I wear because I like how it looks natural without making me look washed out. 


If you’ve used any of the products that I’ve mentioned please tell me your opinion on them in the comments section. Also, let me know what your your favourite Hourglass product is?


Kristina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme