facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Sunday 22 May 2016

Watt's Up! Benefit Soft-focus Highlighter


Watt's up! Today I thought I'd share with you my thoughts on Benefit's Soft-focus Highlighter. It's packaging and name is presented by the concept of a lightbulb, which I think is quite different and clever. I saw this product on instagram and being in love with highlighters at the moment I thought I'd see watt's it all about  . . . hehe.


Packaging
The highlighter comes in a cute little box that's designed to look like a lightbulb box. The actual product itself is in a stick on one end, which you twist. On the other end of the product is a soft sponge tip used to blend the product into the skin. It is quite a small product, so it's easy to carry around.

Application
The product is meant to be applied by swiping the product on the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, cupid's bow and brow bones. Afterwards, you blend it into the skin using the little sponge tip. I find applying the product onto the skin from the stick onto the cheeks and other areas easier than swiping it along the bridge of the nose, as it tends to take some of my base off as I glide it on. When applying onto my nose I prefer to dab it on with my finger. As for using the little sponge tip to afterwards blend the product into the skin, I prefer to use my finger as I feel using the sponge tip tends to take the product off. Simply blending the edges gently with a finger helps to get a seamless sheen.

Colour
The colour of this highlighter is a soft champagne colour, which you can see by the swatch below. It has a luminous sheen that I think complements a range of skin tones.

Texture
The texture is a cream highlight, so it's smooth and very easy to apply and blend. It just glides onto the skin.

Coverage
One swipe of the highlighter provides a soft, beautiful sheen that for me lasts all day (approx 7-9 hours).

Sponge tip

Soft champagne sheen

What do you think of this product? What other highlighters have you tried? Feel free to comment in the section below.

Hope you had a lovely weekend :)

Kristina xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme