facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Monday 22 August 2016

What I love for my skin


Hi! It has been a while since I have blogged, it's been a busy time for me lately having began my makeup studies and working any time I can inbetween. The weather has been dull and gloomy lately and it was today being rainy and having a bit of free time that I decided to revisit my blog, which I have missed! I will try to be more consistent from now on . . .

In this post I wanted to share my skincare routine during the winter months. The following products I am to share with you have really helped with hydrating my skin and keeping it supple, which in previous years I used to struggle with. I love these products so much that I will be using them well after this dreary season is over.

Origins Skincare has an amazing range of products that I have heard so many good things about. Their Drink Up-Intensive Overnight Mask is one of my favourite facial masks. It has a beautiful scent that reminds me a little of lollies. Containing Apricot Kernel Oil, Avocado and Japanese Seaweed, whenever I apply this creamy mask to my skin leaving it on overnight, my skin feels nourished and healthy. I like to use it once a week or whenever I feel my skin needs some love.

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask has been my go-to product when my pores need a good cleaning. To prepare my skin and open up my pores, I wet a hand towel with warm water and press it over my face before application. Containing Charcoal, which draws out all the yucky debris and White China Clay, which removes oil, this mask definitely does the job of unclogging and minimising my pores, which has helped reduce breakouts.

My favourite exfoliator at the moment is also by Origins, being the GinZing Refresh Scrub Cleanser. It has a lovely orange scent that just adds to the fresh feel of my skin after use. It is a two in one cleanser and exfoliator and is gentle enough for daily use, however I feel using this product once or twice a week is enough to keep my skin in check.


Lately I have been alternating between these three masks, the Origins one, Avene's Soothing Moisture Mask and Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Treatment Mask. Between the three I cannot pick a favourite as they all do a wonderful job at hydrating my skin, making it nice and supple. Avene's Soothing Moisture Mask is lovely to use in conjunction with their Thermal Mist to enhance hydration. I apply it to my skin for fifteen minutes before spraying some of their Thermal mist and removing any residue with a cotton pad. Similarly, Burt's Bees Intense Hydrating Treatment Mask with clary sage is also ultra creamy and hydrating. I would say this mask is probably the most hydrating out of the three so I tend to save it for times when I really need to quench my skin's thirst. I leave it on for about fifteen minutes and remove it in the same way I do with the Avene Mask.

Both the Avene and Burts Bees Mask are non-comedogenic and dermatologist tested, so they are perfect for sensitive skin. The Origins mask contains some pore-clogging ingredients such as coconut oil, however I have not experienced any breakouts from it.

Of course my skin cannot live on a mask alone, drinking plenty of water and eating healthily also help to maximise my skins hydration, as well as staying away from strong sunlight and heavy makeup.

I hope you found this post informative. Please leave a comment if you have tried these products or refer me to a mask that you love, I think nowadays you won't catch me without one on.

Kristina xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme