facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Saturday 11 June 2016

Stila Shape & Shade Custom Contour Duo


I've recently started using Stila's contour kit and I love it so much that I wanted to share it with you! 

Coverage
The shades are highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. It has an all-day wearable coverage, which gives a natural contoured look.

Texture
This palette is a cream palette, so the shades are very creamy and easy to blend, they glide smoothly onto the skin upon application. They are also very buildable. You'll get no dry patches or streaks with this palette.

Colour
The contour duo kit comes in three shades: light, medium and deep, which suits a variety of skin tones and complexions.  The palette I purchased is 'light' and it comes with a contour and highlight shade, which have a matte finish. It's also non-transfer, water-proof and sweat-proof.

Packaging
The kit comes with two shades in a neat little palette that's light to carry around. It also comes with a little guide on how to contour/ highlight according to your particular face shape.

Application
The kit comes with a brush, however for application I prefer to use my Zoeva brushes. Firstly, I apply the contour shade, using my Face Shape (110) brush about halfway on both my cheekbones, starting from the middle of the ear. I then line my jaw, top of my forehead and along the bridge and tip of my nose. To contour my nose I use the Luxe Pencil (230), because it has a finer tip. Then, to blend along my jaw, forehead and nose I use the 110 brush and for my cheekbones I use the Cream Cheek (128) brush. 

With the highlight I use the Concealer Buffer (142) brush, which I use to apply and blend the highlight below the cheekbones, sides of the nose/ cheek area, chin, forehead and bridge/ tip of the nose. 

To blend it in properly and blur any lines I just go over it with a beauty blender. And that's it! I know it might sound like it may take a long time to do but it takes less than a few minutes to apply and blend.

I highly recommend the brushes I use as they are super soft, leave no colour transfer and are really easy to work product into the skin.

Cream cheek (128) brush: Blending contour on the cheekbones.
Concealer buffer (142) brush: Applying and blending highlight.
Face shape (110) brush: Blending contour on jaw, forehead and nose.
Luxe pencil (150) brush: Applying and blending fine contour i.e. nose


I don't just like this product . . . I love it!

Let me know your thoughts on it or recommend me some kits that you love.

Kristina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme