facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Monday 25 April 2016

Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint Review


One of my most used products is the Nars Tinted moisturiser, which provides a very light coverage. When I discovered that Nars had released a product that sits between the tinted moisturiser and their foundation, it was on my to-try list. Today I'd like to share a little review on my experience with the product, I hope you find it helpful!

Coverage
It's coverage is better than the tinted moisturiser, but it is lighter than their foundation. It is very buildable and provides an overall light to medium, light matte coverage, which, if applied correctly, lasts up to about 8 hours.

Texture
It's texture is slightly thicker and creamier than the tinted moisturiser and sets quite quickly so I feel I need to be quick in blending it into my skin.

Colour
This product comes in a range of 12 colours. I use the colour Finland (Light 1), the second lightest shade, which has neutral yellow undertones.

Application
I start of with a small application, which I rub into my skin with my fingers and then I go over it with the Real Techniques buffing brush. I think it is best to start off with a small amount and then apply more if you need because then, with my experience, it sets better and is more easily blended. I had some difficulty applying this with a beauty blender, it didn't set properly into my skin - it sort of just sat on top of it and then after a few hours it had a furry look (I could see where I had applied it with the beauty blender). I really need to work this product into my skin for it to last and look good.

Packaging
The product comes in a tube, so at times it does make it difficult to put back any excess I didn't use.

Other benefits
It is oil-free, contains an inbuilt SPF 30 and is also non-comedogenic (won't clog pores).

Overall, I like the the natural-looking skin effect this product provides. It has a silky-smooth consistency, which feels great on the skin. I think this product is best suited for those with oily skin, as with the matte consistency, I feel it might be drying on those with dry skin types. If you're looking for a smooth matte finish I would recommend this product.

Thanks for reading!

Have you tried this product? Let me know your thoughts on it if you have :)

Kristina xx

Bloglovin'










No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme