facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Sunday 24 April 2016

Autumn Makeup Look



Hello :) Autumn is upon us here in Melbourne! I love this season because it means warm rich colours, golden trees and mild sunshine. I also love that I get to wear knits and jumpers, which I've missed wearing! In the colder months, my makeup palette becomes much warmer, so I tend to do my eyes slightly more smokey for the daytime and wear rich, plum coloured lips. I wore this look today and have decided to share it with you :)



To contour my eyelids, I used the bronzey shade from Smashbox's 'Photo Op Eyeshadow Trio', in the 'Screenshot' palette. I chose this shade because of it's lovely golden shimmer. I also applied it to the inner corners of my eyes.





I recently purchased this eyeshadow palette, called 'Body,' from Stila's 'Eyes are the window Shadow Palette' collection, which has a gorgeous array of colours. I went for this palette, which features some bright blue and purple shadows, because it's different to a majority of the palettes I already own, which are basically brown or bronzey shades. 




As a whole, this palette isn't 'autumnal' (they do have this palette here, which fits the season well . . . and of which I have my eye on). I did, however, use the shade 'Garnet,' which is the third shade on the top row, because of it's dark red/ purple tone. I used this shade all over my eyelid and blended it with the bronzey Smashbox shade. I also applied it along my lower lash line, stopping about halfway.


To soften the look, I lined by upper lashes and the inner corners with Models Prefer Infinite Colour Eye Pencil in Bronze Ambition, which has a metallic look. I also applied a few light strokes of this in the crease and on the lid, to add a bit of definition.


After curling my lashes, I applied L'Oreal's 'Telescopic' mascara in 'Carbon Black.' I love this mascara because it's brush is made up of really fine spikes that separate my lashes whilst extending them. It's a flexible wand as well, which makes it easy to maneuver through the lashes.

After I let my lashes dry for a little while, I like to go over them again with a bigger mascara wand. Doing this helps me to achieve long lashes. The one I'm using at the moment is a a part of Revlon's new mascara range and it's called 'Super Length.' I like how the bristles are quite firm and catch onto the lashes. Also, the consistency of the mascara isn't too wet, which helps to avoid clogging.


On my cheeks I used Too Faced Love Flush blush in  'Baby Love,' which has a rosey shade. I love this blush because it is really pigmented and a little of it lasts all day. The packaging and the print on the actual blush itself . . . so adorable!



For a subtle highlight along my cheekbones, bridge of the nose and cupid's bow, I used Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder in 'Luminious.' Whenever I wear this shimmer I always get complimented on it, it's that nice.



To complete the look I went for a rich lip colour to balance out the eyes. I chose Topshop's 'Inhibition,' which is one of my favourite plum shades.



And there is my autumnal makeup look! What kind of makeup do you like wearing during the colder months?


 Kristina xx

Bloglovin'



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme