facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Monday 7 March 2016

Chocolate Chunk and Raspberry Cookies


Recently, my mum purchased the Australian Women's Weekly newest baking book entitled 'Love to Bake.' It's a gorgeous book with so many delicious and easy looking recipes. The images are beautiful and the cover itself makes a lovely display in the kitchen. I flipped through it with my sticky notes and found that I had noted almost every page . . ! I aim to make something once every week. One of the recipes were these yummy looking chocolate chunk and raspberry cookies, which I made with the help of my sister. Honestly, it was so easy we could have done it with our eyes closed. Not only do they look really good but they are so soft and chocolaty. They have definitely made it to our list of family favourites. The ingredients included are:

125g (4 ounces) butter, softened
3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (150g) plain all-purpose flour
1/4 cup (35g) cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
90g (3 ounce) dark (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
125g (4 ounces) frozen raspberries

I preheated my oven to 180 and lined some trays with baking paper. I forgot to soften the butter so instead I grated it, which is another way to soften it. I then added the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in my Kitchen Aid and beat that until it all came together. Then I stirred in the flours, cocoa powder and soda by slowly adding it to the mixture in two halves. At this stage, the mixture is quite dense and slightly difficult to stir. It forms as a kind of soft dough. Then I added the chocolate and raspberries by just stirring it through the mixture. This makes it kind of wet. As the recipe notes, you can add blueberries or any other type of berry and mix up the type of chocolate according to what you like. Taking about a tablespoon of mixture, just dollop it onto the tray. I found it quite difficult to make it pretty whilst placing the mixture on the tray, but I attempted to make it into a neat circle. Once in the oven it forms into a chunky and rustic looking cookie shape. The recipe notes to keep them in the oven for 12 minutes, though I took mine out after 8 minutes. When I took them out they were still quite soft but leaving them on the tray for an extra 5 minutes to cool made them firmer. By taking them out earlier I got a soft, moist cookie that melts in the mouth.

Delicious!


Kristina xx

Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme