facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Monday 21 March 2016

Books I'm Currently Reading


First of all, how cute is my Easter mug?! I bought it from Bed, Bath and Table who currently have some really cute Easter decorations. I like nothing more than reading with a nice cup of tea or coffee in hand, for this post I thought I'd give a little update on what I'm reading at the moment. I've just finished reading Storms of War by Kate Williams. It's the first novel and is part of a trilogy that follows the lives of members of the de Witt family, a part German and English household who live in a beautiful country estate in the English countryside. The story takes place during the Great War and mainly centres on Celia, the youngest daughter of the de Witt family, whose world changes entirely as a result of the war. The story is inspired by historical fact such as how the women during the war helped, which makes it an interesting read. The detail is immaculate and the writing flows really nicely. One thing I also like is that each of the characters seem like real people, they have flaws and faults, which adds depth to the story. As well as being informative it was also quite poignant and features an unexpected twist at the end. If you're interested in reading novels set within this historical period and setting as I am then you will love this book.

Currently, I am reading The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, which is set in France during the second world war. I haven't read a lot but so far I am really intrigued by the story, which is based on two sisters caught in the midst of the war who have an unresolved conflict with one another. Again, the detail in this book is perfect, I can easily visualise what's been imagined. I love the setting, which moves between the south of France and Paris. There's something about novels set during the war that I like. I find that stories set within such times encompass a lot of themes such as mystery, hardship, suffering, love and passion - I feel it teaches things not only about that time but also about human kind. I just think those kinds of stories have the most depth and thought and stay with me long after reading it. A the moment it still so many books, so little time for me . . .

What books are you reading at the moment?



Kristina xx

Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme