facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday 12 January 2016

My Beauty Rules from A-Z


Hello :) So today I wanted to make a post where I could write about my beauty tips/ rules but as I was going along I found it wasn’t that interesting to be just writing a list of points down. So instead, I thought I’d make a list from A-Z, which I hope you enjoy!

A.     Always take you makeup off before bed
The number one thing it does is help to prevent clogged pores! To take my makeup off I use either Bioderma’s Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution or Neutrogena’s Night Calming Cleansing Towelettes,  which are kind to my sensitive skin.

B.     Blend
Any make up you apply to your face, whether it’s foundation, eyeshadow, contour etc., it should be applied so that it appears seamless and no harsh lines should be visible. To ensure my foundation is well blended into my skin I use Kit Cosmetic's Blender Sphere, which gives my foundation a flawless, natural finish.

C.     Cleanse your face twice a day
Cleansing your face twice a day at morning and night ensures your skin is kept clean and free of any dirt, sweat or germs that can accumulate throughout both of those times and clog your skin. I cleanse with Nude by Nature’s Daily Cleanser, which makes my skin soft and supple.

D.     Don’t be afraid to go natural
Some days, especially in summer time, I like to wear less makeup. To achieve a light, summery look I either wear Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser or Nude by Nature’s Natural Mineral Cover Powder Foundation, both of which feel light on my skin and give me just the right amount of coverage for a natural look.

E.      Exfoliate once a week
I exfoliate my skin with Nude by Nature’s Exfoliating Face Scrub, which helps prevent clogged pores and makes my skin look and feel fresh. There are some great skin-loving ingredients in it, like Jojoba Oil, which ensures your skin is getting a good but non-abrasive clean.

F.      Fingers away from the face
To minimise the event of passing bad bacteria onto your face, try to avoid touching your face with your hands/fingers, especially throughout the day when you come into contact with a lot of things. Also, ensuring you don’t pick at a blemish decreases infection and damage to the skin so keep your fingers away!

G.     Give your hair a break
I try to let my hair dry naturally after a shower and let it have some time out from the straightener as constant heat applied to the hair can damage it, such as by causing breakage/ split ends. Minimising the amount of how often you apply product can also help hair to breath and replenish itself.

H.     Have fun
It’s so important to enjoy your beauty routine and not feel like a slave to looking good. So have fun with your look and just be yourself.

I.       It doesn’t have to be expensive to be good
There are some great inexpensive products out there that work just as well as expensive brands. For example, I use Biore’s Nourish Moisture Lotion as a light moisturiser during the summer months, which I buy from my local chemist for $10 and it works just as well as some of my higher-end moisturisers.

J.       Just because it works for someone else, it doesn’t mean it will work for you
Everybody has different skin types, so a product that may work for someone is not guaranteed to work for you. So it’s important to look into what a product entails and ensure that you considered if it will suit you before purchasing it, saving cost and frustration.

K.      Know your skin type
Similarly, knowing what your skin type makes it easier to know what products are for you and it ensures that you are treating it properly.

L.      Less is more
If your going for a smoky eye, consider toning down the lipstick. When it comes to makeup/style, balance is key.

M.    Moisturise
I moisturise twice a day, morning and night. At night, if my skin needs some hydration I wear Avene’s Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream, which makes my skin look and feel soft and supple. I moisturise when my skin is still a little damp after cleansing my face, because it helps to lock in the water and keep my skin staying hydrated.

N.     Nail varnish should be removed in due time
To avoid your nails from disclouration, remove your nail varnish a few days to up to a week after application.

O.     Over-plucking is a no, no
To avoid over-plucking your brows, draw a line with a white eyeliner pencil to map out the areas to keep and pluck, although it’s much easier getting a professional to do them. One reason why you shouldn’t over-pluck your brows is that it can make them difficult to grow back in time.

P.      Prime
It’s important to prime before applying your makeup as it keeps it in place. If you prime then you save time touching up throughout the day. To prime I use Hourglass's Veil Mineral Primer.

Q.     Quit the bad habits
It’s fact that avoiding junk food, smoking etc., improves your complexion, so one way you can improve your skin is assess your bad habits and try to convert them into good ones.

R.     Remember the expiry date
Beauty products have an expiry date like all things, such as foods. So keep a note of when you purchase your products and toss them when the time is right. As a guide line you can use this guide here.

S.      Sample before you buy
If you can, ask for a sample of a product before making a full purchase. It gives you time to use the product and figure out if it works for you without costing anything.

T.      Tone your skin
It removes any remaining residue and minimises and closes your pores.

U.     Understand your product
Understanding, for example, the ingredients in a product can help you make a better decision as to whether it suits you. For example, I have oily and sensitive skin so I look for products that are oil free and contain as less chemicals as possible.

V.     Vinegar (Apple Cider Vinegar)
I use this to tone my skin and have been for the past five or six years. It doesn’t have a pleasant smell but my skin is so much better with it. I get less blemishes by using it and my pores are smaller. It “tightens” the skin and keeps it healthy looking.

W.   Wear sunscreen
I cannot go without sunscreen as my skin is very sensitive to the sun. I wear Invisible Zinc Environmental Skin Protector SPF30.

Y.      Your makeup brushes/sponges/tools should be washed regularly
It keeps them free of bacteria and helps them work as they should too. I use Johnson’s Baby Shampoo to clean my brushes/sponges.

Z.      Zzzz

The term 'beauty sleep' doesn't exist for nothing. It's number one in keeping your skin healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme