facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Friday 22 January 2016

Haircare Routine


Hello! For this post I’d like to share with you my haircare routine. Having fairly straight hair, I don’t really need to use much product in it on a daily basis. My hair, however, sits rather flat so most of the products I use are to give it a little oomph! My hair is prone to be oily, which is annoying because it means I have to wash my hair every 2-3 days. 


I tend to chop and change the products I use to wash and condition my hair, however the two brands I love are L’Oreal Everpure Volume Shampoo and OGX. The L’Oreal volume shampoo really does what it says! After drying, my hair appears volumised, even when I straighten it. It makes my hair feel smooth though with some grip, which is what I need when I’m curling or wearing my hair up. The OGX shampoo and conditioner is probably my favourite! The one I’m trying at the moment is B5, which has a gorgeous fruity, berry fragrance and makes my hair feel really soft. I’m also using the OGX Cherry Blossom conditioner on my ends, which also smells fruity and lovely. One thing I like about both these shampoo brands is that they are sulfate-free, which is an ingredient that is likely to cause drying and irritation.


After I wash my hair I like to take it out of the towel as soon as possible because I notice that if I leave it up in a towel my hair gets oily rather quickly (in a day or so) from the build up of moisture. I generally air-dry my hair to keep it healthy. I used to always dry my hair with a dryer and I must say that I’ve had less split ends and dryness. I will only dry my hair with a dryer if I’m in a hurry or if I need to quickly dry off any damp areas after air-drying. To remove any knots I use the Cricket Ultra Smooth de-tangle brush. I really like this brush because it detangles knots and smooths out my hair without my having to tug or pull at it, which is what I feel when I use a normal hairbrush.


There are a number of products I put in my hair after washing (before letting it dry) depending on what I feel my hair needs. One of my favourite products to use is Chihtsai Instant Treatment. I only need to use a little amount whilst my hair is still damp from the shower and I know that afterwards it will make my hair beautifully silky and smooth. It has a lovely, silky and creamy texture. It is meant to protect hair from environmental damage, detangle and prevent split-ends and keep hair moisturised with the help of vitamin-e. I also like how its got a few ingredients in it (rosemary and silk protein).


Like most people, my hair looks frazzled and boofy looking on humid days. In Melbourne the weather is rather humid during the summertime so to avoid any Hermione-hair days I use Kevin Murphy’s Smooth Again anti-frizz treatment. It has a nice, musk-lolly scent that’s really smooth and easily absorbed by my hair. One other good thing about it is that it is paraben free.




My hair is already oily but I do also like to use oils on the ends of my hair to retain shine and silky-smooth hair. Two oils that I love are Argan Oil of Morocco by OGX and Agave Healing Oil, both of which I use on days when I feel my hair is looking a bit dull or if I’ve been using heat on it a lot through straightening. The OGX Argan oil has a lovely, rich scent. I only use a tiny amount and rub it into the ends of my hair. Instantly my hair is soft and smooth. The Agave Oil is also particularly useful for me on humid days as it makes my hair smooth and silky. I also like how both of these oils make my hair feel and look smooth and shiny without any stickiness. 


To make my hair shiny I also love to use Kevin Murphy’s Shimmer Shine Mist. It contains glitter-like particles that, once I lightly spray onto my styled hair, create a healthy and shiny look. It smells great, too!


To achieve a summer-y, beach hair look I use Toni and Guy’s Casual Sea Salt Texturing Spray. It provides my hair with volume and texture, which is what I need because as I’ve said before my hair is rather flat being straight. I spray this onto the roots of my hair and rub it into my scalp to get a bodied look. I tend to use this when my hair is not freshly-washed (maybe a day or two after I’ve washed it), when my hair already has a little hold.


To get volume I use Schwarzkopft Push Up Volume Powder, which adds grip and is perfect to use when teasing my hair. I dab a bit on my roots and rub it into my scalp before using a teasing brush. I use only a little at a time and built up the volume I want otherwise it makes my hair too tough and difficult to work with.


To straighten my hair I use MUK’s Straightening Iron/Style Stick. I love how it makes my hair straight and smooth-looking after just going over it once. To protect my hair from heat-damage I use Paul Mitchell’s Hot Off the Press Thermal Protection Hairspray, which I spray onto my hair before straightening. I then spray over my hair like a hairspray after straightening to keep it in style. I tend to avoid straightening my hair everyday as that is how I can protect it most but using this protection spray helps to minimise split-ends when I do use it.


For some reason, no matter how much I don’t straighten the top of my head too much or blow-dry the top bit either, I end up with fly-away hairs! To smooth down the fly-away hairs I like to use John Frieda’s Touch Up Fly-Away Tamer. It looks like a mascara but it contains a gel-like consistency that you brush over the fly-away hair. It keeps them down easily without getting your fingers sticky and I can take this around with me during the day and touch up if need be.



My hair gets oily quite quickly and sometimes I just want to extend washing my hair so one thing I cannot live without is dry shampoo! I love VO5’s Plump it Up Dry Shampoo because it smells great and adds volume to my hair whilst eliminating oil. Also I find that with this dry-shampoo I don’t have to keep reapplying it during the day. One other dry shampoo I love is Klorane’s Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat-milk. It also really keeps my hair oil-free and adds volume. One dry shampoo that I haven’t tried yet is Seven Wonder’s Natural Hair Care coconut oil dry shampoo, which smells like a beach holiday! 


To keep my hair in place I use Schwarzkopft Hair Styling spray. It doesn’t have a strong scent, which I like but it has a strong hold, which is what I need as my hair struggles to hold itself when volumed.

Do you use any of the products I’ve mentioned or any haircare products that you think I might like? Let me know in the comments section :D

Kristina xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme