facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Friday 1 January 2016

New Year's Eve Look


HAPPY NEW YEAR! I had a great time last night celebrating and welcoming the new year of 2016! I cannot believe how fast time is flying, I find it a bit scary but also exciting . . .! I took lots of photos to capture the memory and I’d like to to share the ones showing my NYE look. I decided to go for a red and gold theme as I thought they are the key colours that reflect the festive season. I went for a metallic gold skirt as I wanted to emulate the vibrancy and sparkle that NYE is all about. Both my top and skirt are from Topshop, whose recent collection I believe captured the season of celebration really well with all the sequined and metallic pieces.



For shoes I opted for a simple black heel that I bought from Zara not long ago. In terms of jewelry and accessories I kept it simple with plain gold earrings and a cocktail ring from Witchery and a black and gold clutch I picked up from a little boutique store.



For my makeup I wore Mac’s Matchmaster foundation in colour No. 1.0. I went for this foundation because it gives a long lasting coverage that stays on really well even with my rather oily skin, which was really important for the night because it was very hot. I primed it with Veil oil-free mineral primer from Hourglass, which is very light and silky but it holds my makeup really well. I’d suggest it to anyone with oily skin to use it if they want their makeup to stay put. For my eyeshadow I used Urban Decay’s Naked 2 pallet in colours busted, foxy and bootycall. I blended these with shade no.3 (gold) in the Exposure pallet from Hourglass’s Modernist eyeshadow collection (which I forgot to put in the photo but I will be writing about it soon). 




On my lashes I used the Better than Sex mascara from Too Faced, which gave my eyelashes a voluminous and curly look without any clumping. With my makeup I’m all about the eyes and so I tend to use nude or neutral tones on my lips. For this look I let my eyes pop by using shade No. 6 in Mauve Beigh from Hourglass’s Femme Nude Lip Stylo collection on my lips. I chose this particular lipstick because I wanted something that was going to feel soft on my lips and give long-lasting coverage. On my face I also used the Ambient lighting bronzer from Hourglass in Luminous Bronze Light, which has a gorgeous colour that gives a really soft, natural glow to the skin that I love. And on my nails I wanted red so I used Revlon’s Brilliant Strength nail polish in shade 150, Seduce.



In all I was very happy with my makeup and I was super happy that it lasted throughout the night even though it was really warm. The downside to the night is that I got attacked by mosquitoes!! So as I am writing this post I am considerably itchy :o 


Best wishes for the New Year!

Tell me some of the things you like to wear and the products you like to use to create your party look :D xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme