facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Friday 25 December 2015

Christmas Wrapping


One of the many things I love about Christmas is wrapping gifts. For me, it’s immensly relaxing to be just sitting there cutting up bits of paper and string and finding a way to put it altogether. I also find it very rewarding to see the look of surprise and pleasure on people’s faces when they receive them. Clearly, I believe a gifts exterior is just as important and should show as much thoughtfulness as the interior.


For Christmas this year, I decided to wrap my gifts in a mix of brown and coloured paper, which is in contrast to my usual use of just coloured wrapping paper and I must say that I am very pleased with the results! I found that using brown paper enabled me to be more creative as I could choose whatever bits of string and ribbon I wanted and could tie them around the gift in whichever way I felt like. In taping the brown paper I used some red and white fabric tape, which I think looks really cute and adds a little colour. I also used twine and red and white string to wrap around some of the gifts, which gives it a bit of a rustic, homemade look that I love. 


To brighten them up a bit I also added a Christmas garland and on a few of them I added some ribbon. You can really be as creative as you wish in wrapping your Christmas gifts in this way, which I especially did on the gift below with some heart-shaped stickers I made out of some fabric tape. On the other gifts I used actual coloured wrapping paper which I tried to keep simple with just a fairly large complementing ribbon. I love using large ribbons to wrap around my gifts, as I feel it just makes it a little more special. Also, on each of the gifts I attached a name tag with some twine, which also evokes that rustic feel. Using a mix of brown and coloured wrapping paper enables the coloured paper to pop a little and, overall, it gives it an interesting look beneath the tree.


In addition, it is also less expensive than buying quality or branded wrapping paper. I have to say, however, that I slightly dreaded Christmas morning when they ended up in a pile of rubbish :( but at least I have the photos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme