facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Chocolate Truffles


Hiya :) Today I made these tasty (and rather addictive) chocolate truffles! I learned of this short and easy recipe in my food technology class way back in 2006 when I was twelve years old and I actually still have the handwritten recipe from then (another of my many sentimental keeping's). I have made these little treats soo many times as they are a firm favourite in my family. So every time we have a party or some get together (or even if I’m just feeling the craving) I roll these out and everybody just loves them. If your looking for a quick and easy sweet, definitely try these out! 

For your ingredients you will need:
1 cup of shredded coconut
1 can of condensed milk
2 tbls of cocoa
·         1 pkt of Marie biscuits (or just plain biscuits)


For this recipe you will have to crush the biscuits using a food processor and place them in a large bowl prior to adding the cocoa, condensed milk and shredded coconut. Using your hands combine all the ingredients together and ensure that they are mixed well. It should have a sticky and not too wet or dry consistency. If you find it is too dry you can add a bit of water.Then all you have to do next is roll them into balls and coat them in desiccated coconut. They taste better after leaving them to set in the fridge. Prepare for others (and yourself included) to steal a few every time the fridge is opened :D 


This batch should make about 24 if you roll the mixture into medium sized balls. I often make double and sometimes triple batch where I sometimes end up between 40-50 balls. Yep, it’s truffle mania in my house. If you’re anything like me half your batch will end up in your mouth and there will coconut EVERYWHERE! But they taste good so that’s ok. The ones I made here I’ve prepared for a New Years Eve party. You can serve them anyway you want but for tomorrow I am putting them in a glass lolly jar. One time I wrapped them in cellophane and handed them out as little gifts. They are cute and yummy.

If you have any quick and easy recipes that you just love please let me know :)

Enjoy! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme